Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Alia Rant

I've been on my usual-for-this-time-of-year sabbatical.

Two items have caught my attention, in this reflective state, I'm in:

David Horowitz: Who Killed Marla Ruzicka? is a comprehensive narrative concerning the life and death of left-wing-turned-neutral activist Marla Ruzicka. I lit a votive for Marla a couple of weeks back. I could identify with Marla; not necessarily whatsoever her brand of politics; but rather that empathy, activism, and desire to help others. I've thought about the events which led up to Marla's murder in Iraq. I wonder, could that have been me? What kept me from becoming a Marla. When I narrow it all down? The sheer offensive and cultural degradation which results from liberal activism and legislations. That is what shaped me and away from becoming a Marla, long ago. But what allowed me to see those results? My faith.

I saw the tarty results of the liberal tree: the foul fruits. These fruits, when first budding, appear as a tasty bloom. But to eat of these fruits consigns one to a spiritual and moral degradation, long-term.
++++

Laura Bush's roast of President Bush at the WH Correspondants' Dinner.

Wlady Pleszczynski, American Spectator, with whom I often agree, has not taken the First Lady's speech very well. I disagree that she did not well. She has strongly signaled her embarkment upon her mission goals. Furthermore, she has shown her abilities to relate to young men and women. And this, I believe, is where she is headed. She has also signalled her willingness to get her hands dirty to engage at the levels which must be if the mission is to be successful.

Is there a risk factor in this? Yes. Wlady, between the lines, lays this out. To her credit, however, she is established already as a lady.

Scenes usually associated with explorer/hunter activities, and inherently dangerous, are described by Kingsley with domestic images, thus advancing the argument that a lady can remain a lady even when unchaperoned and out of sight of social enforcers.



And I continue to admire the Afghanistani shawls she continues to wear. She has more than one or two missions goals she is working on.

No comments: