Saturday, December 11, 2004

Dem Core Platform "Issues"

Nancy Jane Woodside, vice chairwoman of the Utah Democratic Party, said Democrats have to change their habit of "laundry listing" the country's problems and come up with solutions that can be easily explained. ...
...

"I'm sick of it," she said. "Tell me what you are going to do. Democratic Party, what are you going to do? I don't want the laundry hung out any more."

--end snip

So, complaining about the complaining is still the order of the day, eh?

Rush has nailed it precisely: Folks vote for affirmative messages and messengers: The positive campaign.

The problem, IMHO, is the Dem Party Platform. First off, the platform is premised upon whining and whinging: "There's something wrong with America... It's America's fault... and We propose to sooth your complaints."

Republican voters do not accept the first part of the premised platform -- that there is something inherently wrong with America, ergo, the remainder pegs don't apply.

Let's try the Dem Party Premise at the personal level, to see the subliminal subtext, on each Dem Candidate who postures this premise:

"There's something inherently wrong with me, it's my own fault, and I'm proposing to resolve the matter".

Could there be a bigger "Don't Vote for Me Message" than this?

Now, some would argue with me that the second part of the subliminal Dem Candidate message is:

[There's something inherently wrong with me], it's YOUR fault [and I'm proposing to resolve the matter].

Eeuw. That comes across as a personal threat to the voter.

All the various and sundry Democrat legs flow from this ONE single core premise (abortion, gay marriage, quotas, etc.)

Dittos on apply the above in re Dems and the International Scene.

Oh-boyo...

1 comment:

MataHarley said...

I, for one, will be fascinated to see what way the Dems plan on reinventing themselves in order to reassume power.

If you disquise an ass as a rabbit, is it not still an ass?