Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Companion piece to Alia's "Operation Debriefing"





Protesters on tarmac draw a mixed reaction
By JOE MEYER, Columbia Daily Tribune



As verification of the source of Alia's post just below, here is the Columbia Daily Tribune's account of the same event. The reporter only finds one shredder to quote, saying she destroyed only approximately two dozen leaflets.

Slightly less informative than the first hand account... and perhaps not anywhere close to the real impact on the demonstrators. And to me, that's the story the reporter chose to ignore.

But apparently Operation Debriefing is not an "urban legend"!

Good on the shredders!

1 comment:

Alia said...

Bravo! and thank you, Pal! I searched and searched; but I was running out of time. Thank you, Mata! FWIW, some sent me photos of the actual "shredding" event. But, I think your URL is worth far more.