Tuesday, April 26, 2005

No Zarqawi, but got his laptop!




US at least seizes Zarqawi's laptop
By Peter Grier and Faye Bowers, The Christian Science Monitor



It may have been a near capture back in February... or not. Perhaps Zarqawi wasn't even in the vehicle. But as the Pentagon now confirms, the US troops did capture a valuable second, along with some top Zarqawi officials... the "beheader's" laptop.

Specifics on what a terrorist archives on his computer aren't spelled out. Nor should they be. I'm a firm believer that when it comes to military intel and strategy, the less that know, the less that can talk and thwart potentially successful operations.

What did crack me up was the terrorist does apparently have a love affair with himself and image, with a number of photos of himself saved under his "My Pictures". I don't think I'll every open that file again without thinking of the 6 degrees of separation. A terrorist's use of the same stock MSN folder.

No comments: